Aug 26, 2007

JORDAN BIG #1 PARTY

We had a birthday party for Jordan on Saturday. We had a few neighbors over. It was fun. I think JayDee had more fun than Jordan because his friends were over too. We have great neighbors. We had pizza and this football cake that I made and some ice cream. Jordan enjoyed the cake too as you can see.
It took me about 2 1/2 hours to make it. I ran into a lot of problems. But it is fun anyway. I made this same cake for JayDee when he turned 3 last year. We are going to attempt Spider-man this year!? He has been talking about a Spider-man party for a year now.
Our friends gave JayDee a Looney Tunes DVD package. It has four DVD's with hours of movies and J.D. LOVES them. At the party, he had to show everyone that came over. The movies are for J.D. at the hospital since he will be in bed for so long and he loves it.
We are on our way to SLC tommorrow again. Yesterday JayDee had some more spinal fluid draining from his stitches behind his ear and we met with his ENT doc here and he gave him antibiotics. Dr. Shelton, the ENT at UofU (whom is doing the surgery Friday) called today and wants JayDee to go to his clinic tommorrow to get checked and see what we need to do because the infection can spread to his brain quicker because of the location. He does not have infection yet, but it could spread quickly if he does. He has been complaining that his cheek hurts which is a whole different thing I guess. The docs said that when JD was in surgery, it looked like his jaw is out of alignment. Great! Just what we need.... More problems. Other than that, JD has been pretty good. We are hoping to go to the zoo Wed. Before all the appts and surgery, but we will have to see if he has to go to the hospital sooner, I hope not. They would do a lumbar drain again and that was the worst part of everything last time. We are fasting this Friday for JD if anyone else would like to join us, it would be greatly appreciated.
Just to vent for a minute, I had the worst day of work on Thursday. To make a long story short, I cut an 18 yr old girls hair. Her hair was long, past her shoulders. She wanted extensions to make it longer and her mom wanted her to cut it short. She showed me a pic on her cell and it was an a-line to the chin SHORT! So, I cut it a lil longer than her jaw and asked her how long she wanted it, she showed me the pic and I said hers is to the jaw, so we will go a lil shorter andI did. She said nothing. Her mom was mad and started yelling and "f" bomb and my co-worker asked her to watch her language, we had clients there. She ends up getting more mad, has me bag her daughters hair so she can do something with it (who knows). My co-worker was talking with her client and her client made her laugh. The lady was real mad and thought she was laughing at her. She got in her face threating to kick her A... this is the mom of 4 kids and her kids were there learning how to act! Her husband and daughter pull her out of the salon and she is yelling" I know where she works!" My co-worker calls security and the next morning the mom calls my manager and ends up yelling at her and threating to kick her A too! Then they had to call the cops and that lady can not go to the mall again. I cried for a minute after she left because that was the last thing I needed to deal with. I wasn't too worried about the lady or the girl, I was just emotional. So then I came home and bawled in my pillow. I feel a lot better now. Atleast she didn't want to beat me up! (Just everyone else I work with). There, now I feel better.
I will update on JD since there are computers at PCMC. Thanks and again, fasting for JD on Friday if you want to join us. Love you all, the Cluff's.

2 comments:

Stephanie said...

Dang! that lady must have some serious problems to be yelling at everyone like that, how sad.
Sorry you had to deal with that on top of everything you are going through right now. I'm so sorry.
We have been praying for jd and will fast for him also, I hope all goes well.

love ya

Anonymous said...

By the way... you did an AWESOME job on the cake! Love, Dar