Feb 11, 2008
Hawk in the house!
Yes- you read it right. Sat morning, Josh was standing by the back door, enjoying the sun while Chica did her morning ritual on the lawn. I was on the computer when I hear Josh yell out "WHAT THE????" I thought, great what happened now? There was a little bird on the floor in our house, just inside the doorway. It was twitching and stopped moving after a minute, it was dead. Josh said the mom was somewhere in the house. They flew right past him through the narrow opening of the door. The other bird was laying on the floor by the front door. I think it tried to fly out the window and knocked itself out. As it began to come too, I noticed it wasn't a bird, it was a hawk and the bird in our house was it's prey! Crazy stuff. I got pics and video of it trying to leave the house. I will put it on later. JD just kept sying- "I'm scared" over and over again. The hawk flying overhead was pretty scary- I was screaming.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
HA ha, that is awesome. I can't belive that bird was in your house and was hunting, that alone was a cool story. I would have been flipping out, i'm glad it left and didn't attach you.
Post a Comment