Grandpa Jerry William Nielson died on February 15, 2008 of a sudden heart attack. He just had his 55th wedding anniversary last month with his dear wife, Barbara. She has had Alzheimer's for around 10 years and he has been an amazing support to her. He drove 25 minutes everyday to feed her and to be with her and to make sure she is cared for. He would kiss her and tell her she was beautiful and it was just the sweetest thing in the world. Before Josh and I got married, I always said , " I want my husband to be that sweet and tender to me. Especially after all those years." He had a great sense of humor and didn't think that following the rules was always necessary. His services were held in Gunnison, Utah (actually Centerfield) he always called it "God's Country". We love and miss you Grandpa!
No comments:
Post a Comment