May 12, 2008
A little help please!
I need some ideas. Jordan is totally acting out. He hits JayDee for no reason and pushes him around and then with Taylor, he lays on her, covers her face with his hand, pokes her eyes, squeezes her feet and hands really hard..... you get the idea! It is hard to discipline him while I am nursing or changing a diaper, etc. And timeout- I have to keep putting him there because he won't stay. I can't keep doing that with a newborn. So any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!
The other day JayDee asked me while I was checking on Taylor in her bili-suitcase, "Mom, do you love me?" My heart just about broke in half! He has never asked me that before. I asked him if he thought I loved him and he said "yes" I told him "Of course I love you! I love you very much! You knw that!" It was sad to think he would even question that! Even when I had Jordan, he was never concerned about me NOT loving him.
I hope that all of you Mother's had a great day yesterday. I never expect too much, becaue then I always get let down. Yesterday was very nice and Josh let me go shopping on Saturday to find what I wanted. Thanks honey!! (He doesn't know how much I spent) We went on a walk about 9:30 (would have been earlier, but as we were leaving, Taylor threw up all over herself and me!) It was my fault, I didn't burp her enough. Speaking of Taylor, found out today that her levels are at 5.9. She does not have to be under the lights anymore. YAY! No more poking her heels! Double YAY! Now back to the walk, After cleaning us off and a change of clothes, we went for a walk and it was so quiet and peaceful, perfect weather with nothing but the crickets chirping! Those are some of my favorite kinds of things. The day ended great with Josh rubbing my back a little bit, my head and me falling asleep. Oh and the Jazz won too! Also, I made it the whole 3 hours of church. It was nice to get out of the house. Taylor slept most of the time of course! It was a good day!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
He just needs some special one on one time with you. When Taylor is taking a nap read some stories with him. He doesn't understand how much time it takes to take care of Taylor. Have him help you by throwing dipers away or getting clothes for her. He'll get bored with it fast and decide that you can take care of it all so he can play. You get the behavior you reward so if you give him praise EVERYTIME he does something good he won't need to act out to get negative attention. Good luck!
Deanna! I wish I could help you but I'm looking for the same answers with Makenna! What is up with these little kids?! She does the EXACT stuff Jordan is doing. If I figure anything out, I'll let you know! :)
Post a Comment