Oct 3, 2008

GAME, CANNING, STITCHES= FUN NIGHT!

WE WON! V-ball was a huge success. Thanks to everyone who came. I was unable to go, I went canning and then dashed over to play. As I was pulling in, Josh was behind me. I got excited thinking, how sweet! He is coming to watch me play! Noooope... He said "Let's go, Jordan split his eye open" I thought he was joking at first. He assured me that he was serious, so I ran inside and told the girls I had to leave and could not play. I took Jordan to the ER while Josh went back home to take care of the kids. 9 stitches later, we came home with a sleeping Jordan. He was such a tough boy. They had to tie him down on one of those boards. He could only move his head and they were holding that down too. Poor kid. He did so well though. He is a lot tougher than JD in that sense. He wasn't crying at all when I first saw him in the car. His eye was soaked in blood and he had blood dripping down his face onto his clothes with wadded-up toilet paper in his hand, full of more blood. I am such a mean mom, when he was getting the stitches I kept asking him " Are there any monsters here?" Did you scare them away? I think you scared them away! Good job!" I am sure the guys there thought I was crazy, but it gets him to stop crying every time! That is how I get him to go to bed without a fight, to eat his food, to hurry and do something, you get the idea. I may be mean, but it keeps me from yelling and getting frustrated. It works without any spanking or time out! (the method I usually use, I try not to spank) I guess I should tell you how it happened so you don't assume he was beaten or anything. He was playing with JD next to the coffee table and fell just right that got him on the eyebrow. His eyebrow hit the edge of the table and just busted it open. The blood didn't even phase him. Josh said he cried about 5 min. and then when he saw the blood in the mirror, he stopped crying! What a crazy boy. I hope this is the end and not the beginning! I took pics and can't find my camera. I'll post pics later.

4 comments:

Grand Pooba said...

Oh no! Poor, poor Jordie! What a tuff boy he is. Takes after his mama!

De, thanks for your comments about Bain. It really does help to know that I have a friend like you to lean on whenever I need to.

Love and miss you!
Kel

Heath'e' said...

OUCH!! that does not sound fun! Glad he's tough! hope it heals nicely!
:)

Jill Wittwer said...

I am so sorry! Hope that everything is ok now! You are a busy woman, thanks for the v-ball schedule we missed you!

Linds said...

oh sounds like you had a fun night! We had to go through the whole papoose board thing when Kyler sliced his eye open a couple of years ago...not fun! I hope he is ok!