Oct 13, 2008
Memory walk in 2008
We are doing a memory walk here in St. George on Nov. 11th. We are doing this in honor of Josh's grandma, Barbara. She died earlier this year and she suffered from Alzheimer's for about 10 years I think. Her husband, Jerry was the best husband ever and drove to see her and feed her every single day for years. If you are able to do so, please go to the link below and donate whatever you can. Even a couple of dollars helps! There needs to be a lot more research done to help find a cure. This is a horrible disease that nobody should have to endure. It was hard to see Barb change so dramatically so quickly. Unfortunately, I didn't get to know her very well. It was soon after Josh and I started dating that she got the disease. She was never the same. Anyway, it would mean a lot to us and especially Josh's family to donate. Thanks so much for your support!
https://www.kintera.org/faf/search/searchTeamPart.asp?ievent=270493&lis=1&kntae270493=8EAE9BC6C0834D1886DF9F5EE0F090F8&team=3211749&tlteam=0
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
What a great thing to do. I know how fast Alzheimer's can change a person and I know how bad it was with Josh's grandma and how much it must have hurt his grandpa to see that.
It happened so quickly with my Grandma and was so sad because she also had cancer and we would have to explain her condition to her everyday and also introduce ourselves everyday.
We like to think that the cancer was a blessing in that she died from her breast cancer before her alzheimer's got any worse.
I will definately donate!
Love ya
Kel
Post a Comment