Mar 7, 2011

Just another day

The morning started out with a spinal tap, or LP. They put a needle in his spine while he's lying down in a fetal position and extract spinal fluid from his spinal area. They test this fluid for different things, the main ones being infection and white blood counts. But, they were not able to get any fluid for whatever reason. Fortunately he was asleep (sedated). They tried three times and couldn't do it, so they have to try tomorrow with fluoroscope, to see where the needle is. I am sure thy will get it then. The bad part is, this adds another day here at ol' Primary Children's. The nurses and docs are great, some of the best. But it still really sucks to be in the hospital this long. I have to keep my chin up though. Cancer is so much worse. That would be harder to deal with. They are in and out of here so much for years and years. We are truly blessed. The days go by fast, slow and all get mixed together. Tomorrow will be 11 days in the hospital. If it were only appendicitis, it would probably be a week max. I knew this would happen, he was dying of thirst and starving to death and now that he can eat and drink, I am back to forcing him to take bites and drinks now. So- that is the way life goes! JD just has to throw curve balls everywhere he goes. He has been so patient and strong. Right now there is a little boy screaming next door. It is almost midnight. JD is asleep. It could be worse! We can't thank you all enough for the love and support you have and continue to show us. My facebook postings and blogging is keeping me sane. It is a good release. Now if I could just get my butt to the gym! I think I inhaled 5000 calories today. I am a really bad stressful eater and when I just sit around here all day, that is what I end up doing. It really sucks. I am gonna be 20 lbs heavier by the time we finally get home. Man that sucks! And I have to mention that Josh drove home tonight in the blizzard and got stuck for over 3 hours on I15, with nowhere to go. He is still driving. I wish he woulda stayed here! Not fun.

2 comments:

Grand Pooba said...

I hope they do a successful spinal tap today!!! You are soooo optomistic, much more than anyone one else would be in your place!

Dude, eat all the food you want! You deserve a break girl! I'm trying to find some time I can leave work so we can do lunch or I can just come say hi for a sec!!!!

I love you!

Lyndsi said...

I'm glad they got the fluid they needed! Now all you have to do is come home! And I agree with Kelly... eat all you want. You deserve some sort of a break! And you looked super skinny last week when I saw you so don't worry! Hang in there! We love and miss you down here.