I dont know where to begin. JD turned 8. We had a great Thanksgiving. And just last Saturday, JD was baptized by Josh. I am so proud of my little boy. He seems so grown-up to me. He was so happy and excited. He really surprised me. He is usually so shy he looks upset. Not on Saturday! He had to stand on stage with the other kids getting baptized. He was next to his good friend, Taylor. He was chewing gum, reading the words and singing! He didn't have his head down like I would expect him to do. I was such a proud momma! Jordan said to me, "JD isn't singing, he is just chewing his gum!" Jordan is very observant for a 5 year old. But JD was singing-while chewing his gum :)
After he was confirmed, I asked how he felt and he replied, "Really good!" He had a huge grin on his face and was literally jumping with joy. The next day was fast sunday. Testimonies were born. Josh rarely gets up in sacrament. He did. It was such a sweet testimony filled with faith and the spirit bearing witness. I could not go up. I was crying too hard. It would be impossible for me to go up and talk after hearing his sweet and tender words. He spoke of JD, the year we had and that without faith- we have nothing. It is so true. Faith is everything to us. Without it- we would fall to pieces. I love Josh so very much. I am grateful for his example and that he is such a wonderful father and husband.
I love my children and I am extremely proud of them.
For Thanksgiving, my mom asked everyone to tell her 3 things they are thankful for. and she put them on paper and baked them in rolls. So we opened the rolls and got to read and guess who said what they were thankful for. I asked my kids individually in this order. They did not hear each others answers.This is what my kids said:
Taylor (3)- Jesus, friends,baby sister???
JD (8)- People who found America, family on earth, Jesus for making our Earth
Jordan(5)- balloons, paint, toys
Some of these answers really surprised me! I am thankful for good health, (I have come to realize how important it is) My savior, and that I am able to be a mom and wife.
1 comment:
I'm glad your back. I also left the blogging world for awhile. I'm glad that jaydee is doing so well. Thanks for letting us be a part of his baptism, it was awesome:)
Post a Comment