May 1, 2008

More Contractions....FOR WHAT?!?!?

At 1:30 this morning I started having contractions until about 7:30. I still have them, but they are far apart. The doc said I am still a 3! I just wish that my water would break for crying out loud, is that too much to ask for? I am not use to all of this waiting, thinking I am ready to go, and then... nothing! It is so frustrating. I guess she just doesn't want to come. Josh's grandma died last night. (Josh's mom's mom). We talked about how Taylor is probably talking to her and grandpa. I said Grandpa needs to stop talking to her so she will come here! Grandma has had Alzheimer's for about 10 years now and her husband passed away about 2 months ago. They are together now and we will miss them both dearly. Grandpa Jerry Nielson was such a sweet man to his dear wife, taking care of her for so many years when she could not talk or show any kind of signs that she even knew he was there. He showed the true meaning of LOVE in their marriage. Grandma Barbara Nielson was a very dear and sweet lady also. She loved everyone and was always trying to please everyone. She raised wonderful children (Mitzi)! We know grandma is in a better and happier place and she is finally able to communicate with her beloved husband again. We love you Grandma and Grandpa Nielson!

6 comments:

Heath'e' said...

I don't want to crush your hopes about baby but you could be like my sis. 1st came on due date, 2nd 2wks early barley made it to the hospital, 3rd she was sure would be a month early was more like a week late, and 4th 2 weeks late. So I think you just have to set yourself up for past the due date, then it's a surprise and exciting if they come sooner...instead of a big frustrating waiting game. Good luck! Try not to think about it, she'll come when she's ready or else they'll probably induce you near your due date. Love ya!

The Stucki's said...

Hang in there! I totally know what your going through...it's painful! I am so excited for you though! Sorry to hear about Josh's grandma. We'll be thinking about you! Good luck!

metromut said...

All I can say is hang in there. She will be there in no time. And I just have to say how very impressed I am with you and your craftiness. Your little girls rooms turned out so cute. You did such a good job.

J.L Schofield, Independent Scentsy Consultant said...

You are so cute! I know EXACTLY how you feel! I hope your little girl comes soon and that you have a safe labor/delivery. Keep yourself busy so you aren't constantly thinking every contraction could be "it". Addison was a week over due, but to us, she was three weeks over due (because of her original due date) and it made me CRAZY--every day wondering if she was going to come. Take care of yourself! Keep busy and make some (flexible) plans with friends to keep your mind off of it. She'll be here soon--how exciting!
Good luck! Hugs, Janice & Rick

Amy said...

Deanna, it's Amy (Musgrove) Snarr! I've been finding so many old friends blogs lately, and I came across yours. Good luck with your pregnancy! Your family is adorable!

Linds said...

Oh that is so sad but good at the same time! I always love to hear when a husband and a wife get to be together again! It's the best! As for Taylor...hopefully she will decide to come soon! Little sweetie~