Nov 24, 2009

JayDee is 6!

Happy Birthday to our lil, I mean BIG boy. I can not believe he is now 6. He told our bishop he was 5 1/2 and tomorrow he would be 6 1/2. None of that full number crap. Going straight to the extra half's! Silly boy. Will post pics later... I have been meaning to post this extra stuff from the cruise. This is what else happened on the ship. For the first time in history, I got hypnotized. I really didn't think it would work on me, but I wanted to prove to Josh that it is real. (He always thought it was fake and people were just acting.) I am here to tell you, it is real. Not saying that nobody gets up there and fakes it, because I know that happens. But the hypnotist can usually tell if someone is not really under. So I remember everything I did. I knew what was going on. I knew there was about a thousand people watching me and I just didn't care. Those inhibitions were gone. But I wouldn't do anything that I didn't want to. For example, we were "belly dancers" and some guy came closer to me trying to dance with/by me. I knew Josh was right there watching me and he would be mad. And of course I didn't want to have him dancing with me anyway. So my body just went limp and I fell to the floor. I got up and moved to a different part of the stage and continued to dance. So I still had control of what I was doing. It was such a weird feeling to be hypnotized. I will never do it again. I will tell you why later. Some of the other things we did on stage were, danced the conga, we rode a roller coaster ride and we were a thousand feet above the ground and I was terrified. (I am afraid of heights) I really was scared. I was grabbing my pants and screaming. I was so nervous. We played the air guitar. I threw my hair around like a hard rocker would do and I hurt my neck. The next day it was killing me. The hypnotist told us we were watching a movie and it was sad. I was crying so loud, he put the mic up to my mouth so everyone could hear me. I had tears and everything. I wiped my eyes off on the guy next to me and earlier, we were babies and we were sad and I was crying the same, very loud and he put the mic up to me that time too. Then it was a scary movie and I got excited. Everyone else was scared. A guy yelled "boo" to another guy next to me and I was just laughing at him. I thought it was so funny. There was a girl next to me and she was scared. I kept telling her, "it's ok, it isn't scary. It is funny!" I just kept telling her that and rubbing her back and she didn't think it was funny. Then there was a guy who thought he was Micheal Jackson. He danced the moonwalk and had a had and glove on. This was most of what happened for the show. After the show, I felt weird and could barely walk. I talked normal and stuff and then the more I walked, the worse I got. I was like a drunk. I have never been drunk in my life, but if I was I am sure this is what it would be like. There were 4 of us that were still "hypnotized". I am not sure if it was because I was tired or what, but I was laughing at everything, my legs went weak like rubber and I just couldn't stand. Pretty soon, I was on the middle of the floor with everyone staring at me and I was just laughing like crazy. Josh was so embarrassed. He kept trying to get me to go to bed with him and I could not walk down the stairs. He was getting mad because I was not focusing on him and trying to walk. I could not focus though. It was so strange. there was another girl from our group that was still hypnotized too. Her and I were just laughing at each other and I just kept telling her, "Stop laughing. Stop laughing." Over and over again. She could not walk either. So they had to help us walk to the other side of the ship were the hypnotist went. To some dance or something. They sat us down and we were just weird. The hypnotist finally came out, put us to sleep and woke us up again. I felt the same. It didn't do anything. They half-dragged me back to our room and I went to bed. I could not sleep. I was tired, but too wired and my neck was already hurting. My whole body was sore. I felt like I had a major work out. I did though. On stage, everything he told us to do; I was doing it with so much energy that I was sweating. It was crazy. Josh was not a bit entertained. It was more like he was mortified. Needless to say, I will never do it again. Josh knows now that people really do get hypnotized. That happened the night before we left. The next morning we got up to pack our things and head out. Josh went to get breakfast for us while I packed up. We got to the shuttle, then to our car. Once we got there, we realized the keys got left in the room on the ship.... Oh crap! Josh had to take the shuttle back to the ship, wait for people to go in and get the keys out of the drawer. (The only one I didn't check because I never put anything in it!) Some of the group waited for about 30 min until they knew Josh had the keys and then they left. (Thanks Bob) Josh ended up walking back because it was taking so long. I just sat on our suitcase reading "New Moon" until he got back. What an adventure! Cruises are the best!

2 comments:

Heather said...

I'm glad that you had such a wonderful time. We always knew you were weird, but now about a thousand other people do to. Remember Powell, that was just a natural high and we were pretty crazy then. No more hypnotists for you, just a little rap music and phase 10 is all we need to get us going!!!

The Colvins said...

That is the craziest story--but a good one! Happy Birthday to JD!