May 21, 2011

Home again!

Wednesday at noon we were able to drive home. It is so nice to be at home with ALL my kids and my sweet husband. It was a much easier drive with just JD than all 3 kids. JD was very excited to go home. I made him go to 45 min. of school on Friday. I am such a mean mom. The last day of school is on Wed. His friends in his class were so excited to see him there. It is so sweet to see. It brings tears to my eyes. JD was happy to be around his friends too. The nurses and doctors at Primary are so great. They make the hospital stay so much easier. Thanks for the constant prayers. We really feel that this will be the last time. Of course there are check ups, another MRI on the 23rd of June and we will see from there. The shunt should be fine. (Thank goodness). I think the eustachian tube was the key. I just wish it were found in January! So we are just trying to get back to normal. JD is on IV antibiotics at home for 2 weeks. His PICC line was clogged this morning. I was getting really nervous. We don't want to have to replace it! Luckily I was able to get it working again. (Maybe I will have to go to Nursing school :) ) He had his PICC bandage changed today. It is torture for him. He was a champ and did great. We are so proud of him and grateful to be home again. While in the hospital we found these awesome videos. Check them out. JD laughed harder than he has in MONTHS! Start with KID HISTORY episode one.

3 comments:

Heather said...

We're glad you are finally home too! Man, what a year so far. I'm hoping that your summer is much better! You'll have to make up for all that lost time! Glad you are all doing good and staying positive!

Melissa said...

So glad you are home and JD is settling in to normal life again!

Grand Pooba said...

I'm so glad you are back home!! Well, sort of. I kinda liked having you here ;)

OH MY GOSH those videos are hilarious!! I watched them with Mike and we couldn't stop laughing!