Feb 24, 2008
OUR BODIES ARE SO FRAGILE!
We experienced a horrific accident yesterday. We took the boys to Fiesta Fun to play games and J.D. was going to ride the go-karts for the 1st time with Josh. We had just gotten there and Josh and J.D. were waiting to go on the track. There are two lanes and the first lane to leave was the single cars. Josh and J.D. were in the double cars, so they were waiting to go onto the track. I was excited, had my camera out and ready to snap photos. All of the sudden the last lady in line of the single cars was about to enter the track when she stopped and began screaming. Her head was stuck back to the chair, her hands were flailing around in the air and she could not move. She was stuck. I saw a line across her forehead and blood trickling down her face. I had no idea what happened. I went to Josh ( he was still in the go-cart) and told him to help the lady. Another man went to help her (I found out later it was her husband) and he was unable to get her out of the cart. I thought Josh could help get her unstuck. I took J.D. and went out with Jordan and called 911. The boy working at the go-carts was a teenage kid and had no idea what was going on, he was in shock. We talked to the lady's kids, she had a 12 yr. old boy and a younger girl. They were there celebrating her daughter's b-day. There were some cousins too. We just tried to calm them and reassure them that she would be okay.
Come to find out, her hair was past her butt and got stuck in the motor. It ripped her scalp clean off, from her eyebrows back to the nape of her head. She still had her hair stuck and part of it still attached to her head and this is why she was unable to move. She was conscious the whole time and pretty calm considering everything going on. I don't think she knew the extend of what happened. I am sure she just figured it ripped her hair out. We felt so bad for the poor family. That poor woman and her daughter and husband, he was helpless. He was hugging her, holding her hand and they got scissors and he tried cutting her hair off to free her. It was so traumatic. Josh and I can't get it out of our heads. I didn't get to sleep until 4:00 am and I woke up every 40 min after that until I woke up at 8:00. All day long, Josh and I can't stop talking and thinking about it. We realize how in just a split second, our lives can be changed forever. Something so simple. Our bodies can break and be changed so easily. We need to be more grateful and careful too. We overlook so many things in our lives. Remember what the truly important things are, like our families. Try not to focus on the insignificant things that we make such big deals over.... (this is mostly for me, I am guilty of doing this very thing every single day) Our thoughts and prayers go out to this sweet family in time of need.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
OH MY! that is so terrible!! I'm sick for them. and for the terrible visual you have in your head.
hopefully they can help her!
Tag, your it! I tag you, go to my blog for instructions.
Post a Comment