Sep 13, 2009

I am alive and slowly moving....

Amanda (my friend that let's me run with her) helped me to run 20.8 miles on Saturday. Thanks for the motivation. You are a lean mean machine! Wish I could keep up with you! I have a stomach problem and the only thing that helps is a Percocet. So at mile 11, I took one and was not sure if it would make me sleepy or what, it was an experiment I needed to try before the marathon. 3 miles later, I felt better and was doing great until mile 18.5. I hit a huge wall. My legs were lead, my knees were weak and nobody was around me. I was all alone trying to get the energy and strength mustered up just to finish 2 more miles. Only two more that was it! But it was rough and lasted so much longer than any other 2 miles I ran. Even my hip-hop was not enough. It took every ounce of energy I had to keep me going and to not walk. Although, there were times I was going slow enough, I could have walked! Anyway, I was just imagining Taylor, with her lil pig-tails big smile and long lashes. Jordan, with his curly hair big brown eyes and mischievous grin. JayDee singing his Star Wars song and laughing his high-pitched laugh and giving me hugs all the time; telling me he loves me (out of the blue for no reason at all). Josh, giving me massages all the time, hugging and teasing me, trying to get me to laugh. (I won't go into details on how handsome he is, that would just embarrass him!) My family is my motivation to keep me going. They are the only thing that really, truly matters more than anything else in the whole world. I love you guys. I dedicate my running to you. Now I can't wait for 3 more weeks when I am done and don't have to train anymore. Then I can have my life back again!

6 comments:

Melissa said...

Good luck! You have more motivation in your pinkie than I will ever hope to have! We will see you at the finish line for sure!

Lyndsi said...

I am so proud of you! Seriously... and it is true! Family is the most important thing and they are always there for you (whether you want them there or not haha). Your family is so cute! Congrats on the 20.8 miles!

Grand Pooba said...

Holy frickety crap crap! 20.5 miles? You are my hero. I seriously don't know how you do it, I ran 3 miles the other day and could barely get through it. Funny thing is that I kept thinking about you and how you ran 17 miles that Saturday and it kept me going. So YOU'RE my inspiration.

I'm going to have to go change my post to put 20.5 miles instead of 17!

Grand Pooba said...

excuse me, 20.8 miles!

St. Jeor Family said...

That is so great!! I wish that I had that much motivation and dedication to do that. Good luck!!!

Kelly said...

You're amazing!