May 9, 2011
#4.....
Taylor turned 3 on the 3rd of May! It was fun to see her so excited about her big day. She has been talking about her b-day for months. I just wish we could go back in time and change the day. I took JD to school in the morning. I helped his class so I was there for a while. He told me his left side of his stomach hurt. It didn't seem too bad so I told him to tell me if it got worse. I went home and made Tay's cake and got a call that JD was not feeling well. I picked him up and he didn't look very good. I thought he was sad and tired and didn't want to stay. So I took him home and he slept for 2-3 hours. I was a little concerned. His head began hurting at school and it was alternating between his head and his side. Well at this point, I had the strong feeling we would be in the hospital very soon. At midnight he came to my room and told me that his head hurt really bad. He slept in bed with me. I gave him Tylenol and he slept until 4. I knew it was bad. Josh gave him a blessing. I was going to give him more Tylenol and then he threw up. He kept throwing up, was just dry heaving. He hadn't eaten since breakfast. I took him to the ER and they tried to get fluid from his shunt with a huge needle. They tried 3-4 times. They just poke the needle right into the top of his head. Luckily he was so tired and out of it he was not screaming. They didn't get very much fluid, mostly blood. They later had to do another lumbar puncture. He was admitted for Meningitis again. We found out the next day it was bacterial and we drove to Primary. Big mistake. I drove the three kids by myself. Stuck in traffic for an hour. JD was hurting really bad. He wasn't eating or drinking because we were going to get a PICC line when we got there. Right at the point where I was looking for my turn for the hospital, Jordan was choking on a toy. I was yelling at him for putting it in his mouth. He was yelling for water. Taylor had thrown his in the back. I couldn't pull over. I missed the turn. Jordan threw up (Luckily in a bag). Finally got to the hospital. Took JD in to get admitted and they weren't expecting us. I had to go to the ER. WHAT??? We should have been life flighted. I had the choice!! So we got there at 7pm and got into a room at 11pm. JD was hurting so bad. He still had his IV from St. George. They didn't give him anything for pain until after he threw up two times. The antibiotics were about 4 hours overdue. It was such a joke. I was furious. I don't think I have ever been so mad. So many little things going wrong, I can't begin to mention them all. I called Josh and just sobbed to him. I let so much emotion out that had been built up inside. It felt good to get it out. Josh was so mad he was ready to leave right then. I told him he needed to stay. I called my mom and she came over and it helped so much to have someone there. By this time, he finally had his meds for pain and was sleeping. We got to the room and JD's doc called from St. George to check on us. He is so nice! He had a 103 fever in the night and headaches. The next two days was mostly sleeping for JD. He hurt so much when he was awake.
Then we found out that he had more fluid in his neck that wasn't there after surgery 3 weeks before. I also forgot to mention that he had kidney stones the day after we got home from his last surgery. He passed it in the hospital and found out that it is made from Rocephin build-up. So the antibiotics are causing stones. We now know that he also has gall stones. Most likely from the antibiotics too. They switched the meds so hopefully it won't happen again.
He is finally feeling better. Awake, alert and playing and eating. He has lost more weight. :( He is underweight so any weight lost is not good. We finally got some news today on a plan. We have just been waiting around with all the docs telling us different things and it changes throughout the day. Nobody knows anything for sure. So frustrating! So the plan for now is to have the fluid drained from his neck on Thurs. He will be asleep and they will also to a dye in his spinal fluid through his spine so that they can see where it goes. He has air in his Eustachian tube that was stuffed 3 1/2 years ago in order to keep him from getting meningitis. That means there is some kind of leak if air is in there. They will stuff it again and then do the dye thing again to see where and if it comes out. That way we will know for sure if there is another leak besides his nose (Eustachian tube). If the fluid in his neck is infected, it means surgery. A very complicated one. We are praying very hard that there is not any infection there. They can drain it and treat with antibiotics if it is not infected. That will be the best scenario. Of course we pray for this to be the case. Thanks for the love and outpouring of support. Facebook is such therapy for me right now. I will post later about the FB incident. Thanks again for your love, support and prayers. It is humbling to know how many people care!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Hang in there Deanna and know that you have so many people thinking of you and your family and praying on your behalf. I hope that it isn't infected either and will pray for that to be the outcome. You are so strong and I can't imagine how hard this is on you and your poor little family. I'm sorry that you are being asked to endure so much right now, you really are amazing. Love ya!!
I am so sorry. What an awful experience you are having to go through. Our hearts and prayers are with you all.
It was so good to see you last night! I hope we were able to get your mind off things for just a little bit. I can't believe all the crazy things that have been going on!!! I'm glad the FB thing has settled.
I hope tomorrow brings good news!!!
Post a Comment